I recommend you ignore these settings!
If you’re using Yoast SEO plugin, these SEO settings will be overridden, and you should only add scripts to your page if you know what you are doing.
So, only use these settings if you know what you’re doing.
These page or post specific settings are in addition to the settings in the customiser.
You will find these settings when you write or edit a page or post. To find them, scroll to the bottom of the post editor.
We saw similar settings to these in the customiser via…
- Dashboard > Appearance > Customising > Theme SEO Settings. And…
- Dashboard > Appearance > Customising > Theme Settings Header/Footer Scripts
The settings in the customiser are site wide. These settings affect the post or page you are editing.
The settings are
- Document Title: The custom document title sets the page title as seen in browsers and search engines.
- Meta Description: Text entered in the meta description field is used as the short page description under the title on search engine results pages.
- Meta Keywords: A comma separated list of keywords relevant to the page can be entered in the Meta Keywords field. Keywords are generally ignored by Search Engines.
- Canonical URL: More info.
- Custom redirect URL: More info.
- Robots Meta Settings: More info.
- Header Scripts: Output before the closing head tag, after site wide header scripts.
- Body Scripts.
- Body script position: Top, after opening body tag. Bottom, before closing body tag.